Thursday, June 5, 2008

sleepy

After going to bed at 3 a.m. (smart), I climbed into Steve's car Friday morning around 9:15, May 9. We had a bit of a scare on the way to the airport because our bus was late, but it finally showed up, and we were on our way.

We made it from Denver to Dallas all right, but we weren't sure our luggage had. When we arrived in Paris, we were happy to see our bags were with us all the way.

I ended up sitting behind Steve and Carrie for the 9-hour flight, and every time I talked to them, I felt like a kid sitting in the back seat trying to inject himself into the grown-ups' conversation. Consequently, I found it suitable to call Steve 'Uncle Steve' for the majority of the trip.

Flying, I love seeing the tops of the clouds from my window seat. I like remembering that I'm in a small percentage of all the humans - or earth inhabitants in general - who've witnessed the view from 35,000 feet. It is -63 degrees Fahrenheit.

No comments: