Thursday, June 12, 2008

Go to the damn grocery store!



Next time I go to Europe, I will be eating out WAY less than we did for this trip. We all agreed that the bulk of our spending and budget-breaking was due to food and wine, but mostly food. We broke the bank on restaurants – and they were all worth it, save one or two places, but I don’t exactly have unlimited funds yet… Sooooooo… next time, I’ll be cutting back and eating in more.

There was one night we went to the grocery store and ate a great meal in our common area in the hotel we stayed at in Rome. We bought different cured meats, cheeses, tomatoes, pesto, olives, bread, wine… and I’m sure I’m forgetting something. Anyhoo… the difference between that dinner and eating out was in the neighborhood of:

Eating in: €10/each

Eating out (average): €25-30/each


You can see how eating out adds up in Europe the same way it does in America. I know this because I’m friggin’ stellar at math. That’s why I’m an engineer. Oh wait.

No comments: