Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vernazza: made less cool by Americans

Here’s my DUMB AMERICAN story!


So we’re sitting, for the second night in a row, at Gianni’s, mostly due to the fact that we had such a great meal the previous night. I’m sitting across from Carrie and on an angle from Steve. I was in the middle of telling them a FAS-cinating story, when all of a sudden, I see a woman VOMITING about 15 feet behind Carrie. My next comment is, “OHGOODLORD!”


Steve: “What?”

Eric: “There’s a chick throwing up behind Carrie.”

Steve: “You’re kidding.”

Eric: “No. I’m not.”

Steve (making “disgusted Steve” face): “Come ON!”


It just so happens that there was a group of seven Americans sitting behind Steve and to his right making asses of themselves for most of the evening. Guess who was throwing up? One of them? Yep. Our waiter, Ines, was cool as ice about it. He tossed some sand from a bucket over the mess after doing some quick mopping, and the situation was contained. Vomit-chick left for about 20-25 minutes, then… came back… and… STARTED DRINKING AGAIN. Thanks! Way to continue to upgrade Americans’ status in the eyes of the rest of the world.


This is the outdoor seating area.


And this picture was taken from the point of near ground-vomit-zero. Good times.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

yeah, not one of my better memories ... but there were more than plenty of good ones to displace this one.

However, I am curiously impressed that you photo-documented the scene of the incident.

Lenderpants said...

Unfortunately, you'll have to leave your impressed-ness at the door. I stole these copyrighted photos from Gianni's website. I'm going to jail!